What Are The Best Horse Insurance Companies In The UK?
You're a fan of horseback riding, and you’re wondering if you should get insured? And what about your horse, should your horse be insured too?
The good answer is yes, taking out a horse insurance is always a good idea. You will have peace of mind, as main expense will be taken care of.
In this guide, we’ll detail all the different types of horse insurance, the average cost of taking out a horse insurance. We’ll also give you indicative quote to find the best horse insurance.
Why do you need an equine insurance?
Buying a horse is a real budget, it is one of the most expensive animal to buy. Having a horse insurance can turn out to be a really good idea, as you never know what can happen.
Should you take a horse rider insurance?
This kind of insurance is taken by people who don’t own a horse but who enjoy riding.
This type of horse riders insurance will cover :
- Liability (if the horse injures you for example).
- Covers children from 5 years old.
Good to know
It is not compulsory to have a rider insurance but if you are participating to competitions, sometimes it will be required.
What are the best riders insurances?
Animal friends proposes a really complete riders insurance, as they are specialist in pet insurance:
|Insurance||Details||Personal accident coverage||Get a quote|
|Get quote with discount|
How much is it to insure a horse?
The average paid for horse insurance in UK is around £25 per month. Of course, you can pay more or less depending the horse insurance you choose:
- If you take just a horse rider insurance, meaning that you don’t own a horse, it can be around £10 per month.
- If you take an owner horse insurance, it will be much more expensive. It can be around £50 per month.
If you have a horse, here are the factors that will determine the price of your horse insurance:
- Your horse age, the older your horse is, the more expensive it will be.
- Where you live in UK. Vet fees are not the same all over UK.
- Your horse breed. It is because some horses breeds are more more likely to get an illness.
- Your horse activity: will it be for dressage? for competition?
- Your coverage: do you want to include vet fees? Public liability?
What type of horse insurance should I take?
Not all the insurers propose the same features, so check before taking out a horse insurance with an insurer. Depending on how you use your horse, your horse insurance will cover different things.
There are two types of horse activities :
|Group activities||Type of activity|
|Group 1||dressage, showing and riding club events|
|Group 2||eventing, polo, long distance riding etc|
What does horse insurance cover?
When you have a horse, and you are taking a horse insurance here are the features you can be waiting for:
|Included or not in basic horse insurance?||Details|
|Vet fees||Add-on to horse insurance|
|Death by illness or accident||Can be included in basic insurance|
|Loss of use||Add-on to horse insurance|
|Equipment insurance||Add-on to horse insurance|
|Theft cover||Can be included in basic insurance|
|Veteran horse insurance plan||Add-on to horse insurance|
|Public liability||Add-on to horse insurance|